Welcome To The Creative Act

A pro-musician making sense of the creative process within the context of his life experience.

Friday, February 1, 2008

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog. I have been wanting to do this for awhile but I had to finish a re-design of my website, launch a youtube music channel and get material ready for a new album project. Finding the time to accomplish everything that I am always dreaming up is the most challenging part of living a creative life. Focus is difficult when I have creative streams of consciousness flowing free.

I experienced a period of creative drought this past summer and fall. It happens. It didn't bother me too much as my performance schedule kept me very busy. Experiencing cycles of dry and wet seasons of creativity is nothing new to me. This last stretch of dryness seemed a bit longer than usual but I knew I would be rewarded with an intense burst of creativity eventually.

Well, the creative burst happened right after the first of the year. This past month has been taken up with lots of long planned projects finally being brought to fruition. I still have an album to record, but I am really excited to finally be working on it.I'll keep you posted on my progress on the new album, other projects that I get myself involved in as well as my thoughts regarding being a pro-musician who is trying to balance creativity with the music business. I welcome your input so feel free to post a comment. RR

No comments: