Welcome To The Creative Act

A pro-musician making sense of the creative process within the context of his life experience.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Bach, Jobim or me?

I've really been getting into Bach lately. This Prelude from the Cello Suite No.5 is another one of my favorites. I had never heard or seen it played on a lute before I stumbled upon this performance by Andrea Damiani on YouTube. As you can see, the technique is very demanding. This might be my next classical guitar project. Although Wave by Jobim might end up taking more of my attention. I just finished studying the fingering of the Bach piece I previously posted (Sarabande from the Suite in Eminor). I just need to make it my own... Meanwhile, the new album waits for me to decide to really commit to it. I am struggling with a mental block which is kind of irrational and has everything to do with motivating me to start work. It's just not a priority right now. Learning new guitar pieces seems to be a priority right now. Who knows, some of the original stuff that I am working on now might end up being on the new album and waiting to commit might be a good thing right now.

Besides, I also have to work on the house while the weather is warm! RR

No comments: