Welcome To The Creative Act

A pro-musician making sense of the creative process within the context of his life experience.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Great Classical Music Composers



This is a great overview of Classical music. The 7 part video series contains excerpts of musical masterpieces composed by the greatest Classical music composers. I enjoyed this playlist one rainy afternoon while I was working on music business paperwork and was surprised by how fast the time went by. I was reaquainted with some "old friends" that afternoon and decided to share it with my viewers.

I was reminded of an investment I made when I was a college freshman. In the mid-seventies, Funk and Wagnalls published a 22 volume set of record albums with masterpieces of Classical music. They made them available through Safeway grocery stores at a very reasonable price. I collected all 22 over the course of a year and they became the basis for my Classical music collection. I still have them and they still sound great. Classical music collections are very affordable and are a great form of entertainment. This kind of music never gets old or dated. I guess that's why they call it Classic! RR

No comments: