Welcome To The Creative Act

A pro-musician making sense of the creative process within the context of his life experience.

Sunday, January 4, 2009

David Gilmour and David Bowie - Comfortably Numb



Pink Floyd, outside of the Beatles, is probably the most influential rock band of all time. Layers of sound and virtuoso guitar work by David Gilmour made a great impression on me in my younger days. David Gilmour is an EGG (Electric Guitar God) of the highest order. He doesn't receive the respect from the music press that he deserves but legions of devoted fans attest to his great expressive talent. A Fender guitar has never sounded so good!

'Comfortably Numb' is an amazing song. The lyrics paint pictures of human alienation and the longing for connection with ultimate reality. If you look at the comments left on youtube videos of this song, you might be impressed by the number of people who are moved to tears. I am always moved by this song and now I know that I am not alone in my sentiments.

By the way, David Bowie is great! RR

1 comment:

Marcjepe said...

I totally agree with your opinion about David Gilmour. Actually, I have two questions about you: (1) If you are playing music, is it possible to hear something about it, perhaps in YouTube?; and (2) Are you speaking spanish too?
Marc