Welcome To The Creative Act

A pro-musician making sense of the creative process within the context of his life experience.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

John Michael Talbot - The Pleiades and Orion

This song made such a strong impression on me when I was in my late twenties. I was contemplating a priestly/monastic vocation at the time. The music of John Michael Talbot fed my spirit like no other music could. It was comforting and yet challenging at the same time.

This particular song comes from his album, 'The Troubador of the Great King', which was based on the poem prayers of St. Francis of Assisi. St. Francis was probably the first nature lover of the popular tradition. His canticles expressed his great love for the Creator of the Universe. St. Francis was my hero and I hope you can tell from my music that I share his great love for Creation and its Creator. St. Francis could have been an American Indian! RR

No comments: