Welcome To The Creative Act

A pro-musician making sense of the creative process within the context of his life experience.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Chief Dan George in The Outlaw Josey Wales

This scene from 'The Outlaw Josey Wales' is a classic and is one of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite movies. Chief Dan George was a treasure. He steals scene after scene with his dignified, yet good natured portrayal. By the end of the movie, his role had become an icon for the all but forgotten Indian. This role broke ground with his representation of a thinking, feeling man who happens to be an Indian with a compelling story. 'Endeavor to persevere!' RR

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent clip. I have replayed this scene in my head many a time since first seeing the movie just a few months ago. It is priceless. I have offered that advice to others many a time, with of course a heavy dose of irony.

dbc3