Welcome To The Creative Act

A pro-musician making sense of the creative process within the context of his life experience.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Tao of Kung Fu

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=0A60D2D6C036E986

Here is a wonderful YouTube playlist that explores the Taoist philosophy of the TV series 'Kung Fu'. David Carradine passed away yesterday and the event got me to thinking of the 70's series. David Carradine's role in 'Kung Fu' made an enormous impact on me and many of my friends when growing up. I remember talking about the episodes with my companions as we walked home from school. I also remember how useful the teachings were when I would get bullied. These episodes helped me stay sane during a difficult adolescence. 'Kung Fu' helped me become aware of the strength that comes from developing an interior life. It was more than a typical TV show! Farewell, Grasshopper... RR

No comments: