Welcome To The Creative Act

A pro-musician making sense of the creative process within the context of his life experience.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Evening Song - Ronald Roybal - Native American Flute Music

I wrote 'Evening Song' in memory of my Dad's parents. When I was a youngster, my Grandparent's called me 'Rabbit Boy' because I was a good hunter of cottontail rabbits. During the Winter season, I would visit them on the weekends after gathering firewood and go hunting for them in the evening. I remember them looking through the frosty window pane to see me return. When I would come into the house, Grandma would warm me up with a bowl of Atole, blue corn mush sweetened with honey and cinnamon. Grandpa would tell me stories about what a good hunter he was when he was a boy. They loved rabbit and I was so proud to be able to hunt for them. I included photos of lodges to go with this song because the song is about home and good memories.

No comments: