Welcome To The Creative Act

A pro-musician making sense of the creative process within the context of his life experience.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Journey of a Vision

A vision is important. A great vision is life changing. I am a musician because of a great vision I received nearly 22 years ago. Was it a hallucination? No, it was an unfolding in my spirit of what I knew I must do. It's really very hard to describe. The promise I received was that I would bring in many songs from the Spirit World for the benefit of all people but only after travelling a long, difficult road. The road would include long hours of study, practice and prayer. The road would include pain, loss and rejection. Sacrifice would be part of my daily life. The road was a red road! Now, I look back and find great consolation in being given this vision and the strength to follow it. "A great vision is needed, and the man who has it must follow it as the Eagle seeks the deepest blue of the sky" - Crazy Horse

No comments: