Welcome To The Creative Act

A pro-musician making sense of the creative process within the context of his life experience.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Navajo String Games by Grandma Margaret

This video brought back great memories of my Grandparents teaching me string games. When I was in grade school, I used to keep myself occupied with these games and always kept a loop of string in my pocket to practice. My friends were amazed when I would make the 'Crows Foot', 'The Blue Corn Bowl', 'The Fish Net', 'The Dog's Paw', 'The Foot Bridge', 'The Trap' and many more that I can't seem to remember... On long road trips to gather firewood, I would keep myself busy in the truck with my string games. I was easily amused as a child, kind of like now. I haven't thought of string games in a long time! This is so cool!

No comments: