Welcome To The Creative Act

A pro-musician making sense of the creative process within the context of his life experience.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Strangest Secret in the World

The 'Secret' spoken of in this video is really no secret. The principle has been spoken of by all the great sages, philosophers and prophets. It is a principle that has helped me to be successful. "We become what we think about". It's as simple as that and it is as challenging as that.

My experience is that people give more thought about their vacation plans or their automobile purchases than what they will do with their lives. I was on that track. Sure, the jobs I had were fulfilling in their way. However, I never gave myself the opportunity to really think about what it was that I wanted to spend my life doing. What was the one thing that deep down I really wanted to be? What was it that I really 'needed' to be?

It took an observership in a Trappist monastery where I could unhook from the world and really contemplate my true vocation for me to finally receive a vision of my mission in life. After I received it, I consistently thought about myself realizing that vision. Everyday, I would do something to make that vision into a reality. Practice and study became my discipline. Gradually, my vision has come true. I have become a musician. Not any musician, mind you. I have become a musician that is able to receive songs from the Spirit World and then offer them back to people so that they might be healed in the way that they need to be healed. This was the vision that was given to me. It has sustained me for over 22 years now. A good and powerful vision will do that...

No comments: