Welcome To The Creative Act

A pro-musician making sense of the creative process within the context of his life experience.

Monday, April 5, 2010

John Wayne - The Sons of Katie Elder - Music by Elmer Bernstein



Here's another great theme by Elmer Bernstein, 'The Sons of Katie Elder'. I still remember seeing this movie when I was a kid. My parents took us to the drive-in movie theater to see this movie in 1965. They dressed us in our pajamas so we could sleep in the back seat during the second feature. I also remember playing on the playground equipment under the big screen with all the other kids who were in their pajamas, too! Everyone was excited to see John Wayne and I was no exception. I must admit that I have been a life long John Wayne fan. Yeah, I know... I just happen to associate John Wayne movies with good times with the family. I'm funny that way...

No comments: