Welcome To The Creative Act

A pro-musician making sense of the creative process within the context of his life experience.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Legend of the Hopi Boy & the Eagle



I saw this movie when I was a boy and it made a great impression on me. It is the story of a gifted boy who was the object of derision by the other boys in his village. The story gave me hope at a time in my young life when I was dealing with bullies. After I saw this film on TV, I dreamed of Eagle later that night and was reminded that Eagle would always be with me. No one would have power over me if I would remember that my power was in my gifts. There was a time in my life when I forgot this lesson and the result was a great unhappiness. I was visited by Eagle in a dream years later. Eagle reminded me of the power of my Creative Spirit. This is a big reason why you can now hear my musical gifts. These songs are now offered to you so that you might feel their power to help make you well. Aho!

2 comments:

roaming.marc@gmail.com said...

Thanks for posting this link to the video; I remember seeing this in the cinema back in 1982... (I would have been 7). I remember an image... of the boy calling as an Eagle, his profile superimposed on that of the Eagle, his tongue curled. Is it from this film?
This link also introduced me to your music... fortunate as I will soon travel to Nevada & California for a camping holiday!

monica amarillis said...

I saw this movie when I was 9 years old and I identified myself completely in the boy (though I was a girl, Italian, and I had never been bullied). I still remember it, more than 30 years after, though I was it only once.
I was in Arizon last month, and renewed a bound from past lifetimes...