Welcome To The Creative Act

A pro-musician making sense of the creative process within the context of his life experience.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Going to school

I have been studying an advanced digital audio training course for Sonar 5.0. Sonar is a great digital audio recording software package. I have the Producer version which has lots of great add ons which will be very useful for my next recording project. I decided to go through the course before I start recording material. This way, I don't end up painting myself into a corner.

The training course is one of the best I have ever used. It's published by Thompson Course Technology. If you're into getting software for recording, I think it is a good idea to seek out training materials like this so that your work flows smoothly. There is nothing like wrestling with a software program to diminish your creativity. My motto regarding music gear is: Anything that makes the musician's job easier should be obtained. I have also learned that you get what you pay for! RR

No comments: