Welcome To The Creative Act

A pro-musician making sense of the creative process within the context of his life experience.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

MySpace and social networking

I have spent the last couple of days developing a MySpace page. Lots of work involved but I think it will be well worth it. Already I have received friendship invites from people who I am sure would never have heard of my music if I hadn't built the page. I have also spent time sending out friendship invites to folks that I think might enjoy hearing my style of music.

It occurs to me that MySpace is about building circles within circles. I believe that the power of social networking is something that musicians such as myself can tap into in order to get exposure. This is exposure that most musicians could not afford to obtain until recently. I have wanted to tap into this resource for quite awhile but could not because I live in the desert and didn't have access to DSL until December 2007. DSL has changed my life! DSL has made it possible for me to build this blog, my YouTube channel and my new website. I am really looking forward to making lots of friends through MySpace and all my other web endeavors. You can find my new MySpace page at www.myspace.com/ronaldroybal . RR

No comments: