Welcome To The Creative Act

A pro-musician making sense of the creative process within the context of his life experience.

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Trashing, sorting and practicing

Spent the bulk of the morning trashing and sorting the paper work that has accumulated in my office area. Tomorrow comes the final step...filing! I must admit that my work area looks so much nicer...let's see how long it lasts. The orderliness tends to last awhile until I get really busy or preoccupied and then the clutter creeps in.

Spent the afternoon practicing guitar. I try to practice at least an hour and a half a day on top of my regular performance schedule. Guitar is my taskmaster. Flute doesn't take nearly the amount of time that guitar does. Then again, classical guitar is much more complicated than the flute in terms of the technique required. I learned a Tango from Argentina called "Por Una Cabeza" last month. It was made famous in the U.S. from the film, "A Scent of A Woman". Just putting on the finishing touches because I want to include it in my guitar set at the Hotel Santa Fe in the next few weeks.

I also uploaded "He Who Saves His People" to my YouTube channel this evening. It's one of my favorite compositions and made for a beautiful video with Edward Curtis' portrait images. I'll be uploading the remaining videos from "The Blood Cries Out" in the coming weeks. My YouTube channel views are slowly increasing. I fantasize about one of my videos going viral. That would be something! RR

No comments: