Welcome To The Creative Act

A pro-musician making sense of the creative process within the context of his life experience.

Friday, February 13, 2009

Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

While I am in a 'Sagan' mood I thought I would share this with you. During these difficult and stressful times, Sagan's thoughts on Earth's place in the Universe helps me to put my own life in perspective. How human to think that my trials are all encompassing. Listening to Carl is actually comforting. A human life is so short in the scheme of things...a mere spark that emerges from a flame. We should burn brightly while we are here. We should be a help and not a hindrance to all we meet along the journey. Our ego is even smaller than the earth... RR

If you really want to get a sense of our place in the Universe, check out my YouTube playlist "The Universe: How big is it and how small are we?". You can find it at:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B33F2115F95DFA64

No comments: