Welcome To The Creative Act

A pro-musician making sense of the creative process within the context of his life experience.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Making fans across the ocean

I have been making fans in Europe all week. My MySpace page has given me more exposure across the ocean this past week than I think I have had in the past ten years! CDBaby has been processing orders from a number of European countries. This technology is a miracle for indies like me. It has been more than a little bit of work, but I know that it well worth it to keep the MySpace page maintained and to continue to grow the circle of friends.

I don't know if it is because of the type of music that I play, but I have noticed that the circle that I am finding myself in seems to be filled with very loving, generous people. The fans and friends love to send words of encouragement. It is really quite uplifting and I find sending messages back to them to be enjoyable rather than some kind of chore. All this has helped me in ways that are actually quite profound when I stop to think about it.

Being an indie, I have always made fans one at a time through my personal appearances at my gigs and concerts. MySpace is really no different. It's just that the geographical circle now encompasses the whole world. Wow! I would never have imagined such a thing when I was just starting my musical career. These are very exciting times to be a musician! RR

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ron My friends and I enjoyed the performance at La Posada Sat. eve. and also visiting with you personaly. Thanks for the wonderful beginning to a spectacular evening.
Royce