Welcome To The Creative Act

A pro-musician making sense of the creative process within the context of his life experience.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

New Season at Hotel Santa Fe

I returned to my engagement at Hotel Santa Fe this past weekend after a hiatus of six weeks. What a great time! I saw lots of fans who were waiting for me to return. I made lots of new fans, too. Valentine's Day weekend is a great time at the hotel because there are so many couples on romantic weekend getaways. Everyone was into my music which always makes me play better. The room was so into the music on Saturday night that I finished my performance with a drum song that I call "Many Wounds". I am hoping to add this song to the new album and based on the feedback Saturday night, that is probably a good idea.

I love playing at the Hotel Santa Fe. This will be my eleventh season. I believe that my engagement there is now the longest running weekend hotel gig in Santa Fe! Ruben Romero used to hold that distinction with his gig at the Eldorado Hotel, but he passed away last February. Very sad....

I hope I can play at the Hotel Santa Fe for a good while longer. I like the room because it is so intimate. I also like the Native American ambience. I am really comfortable playing there. I usually use my Bose LP1 system which is perfect for the space. Guests like my sound system because it is so comfortable to listen to. I like it because I can hear exactly what the guests are hearing so my mix is just where I want it.

If you are ever in Santa Fe, come and visit me at the Hotel Santa Fe on Fridays and Saturdays from 7-9 PM. I guarantee you will have a great time and a memorable experience! RR

1 comment:

Royce said...

Will be at La Posada this weekend and hope to see you. Waiting patiently for new CD.

Royce