Welcome To The Creative Act

A pro-musician making sense of the creative process within the context of his life experience.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Great movie soundtracks



I just posted this playlist to my YouTube channel. It contains nearly an hour and a half of my favorite movie soundtracks including Ben Hur, Spartacus, Dr. Zhivago, Lawrence of Arabia, The Godfather, Out of Africa and others. Composers represented include Miklos Rozsa, John Barry, Maurice Jarre, Ennio Morricone and many others. These soundtracks continue to stand the test of time. They also stand on their own merits as pieces of great art. A great soundtrack elevates a film and helps to make the movie into a memorable experience. I have the greatest respect for film soundtrack composers. I think that if Bach or Beethoven had the medium at their disposal, they would be among the greatest of film music composers! RR

No comments: